Since 1985, we've been helping people create beauty, function and style in their homes through in-house manufactured blinds, shades and hand-sewn draperies.
Founder and former owner, Don Eady, established Draperies Plus in 1985, becoming quickly known as Renfrew and area's factory warehouse for blinds and window coverings of all types. Personalized customer service, contained costs through in-house manufacturing and a wide selection of window treatments earned the company a solid reputation with customers and repeat clients. In 2010, ownership transitioned to interior designer Jane Freemark, whose past retail experience combined with her design accomplishment have continued to strengthen and grow the business. Today, new and former customers enjoy cost savings on customized window treatments that reflect their tastes - and stay on budget.
the draperies plus difference
- Sunscreens and roller shades are manufactured in-house on our premises; using mechanical clutch hardware from the U.K. and not from China for superior quality and longer life. In fact, we're known as the blinds "factory outlet" in the Ottawa Valley
- Draperies are hand-sewn draperies, not by machine - resulting in a custom fit and look
- Drapery pricing is by the panel instead of by the pleat, which saves you money
- Blinds feature aluminum tube construction and not steel, resulting in lighter, longer-life blinds
design to inspire
Over 30 years in the business allows us to offer you benefits earned from experience and expertise:
- Affordable, custom, quality window treatments that last
- Superior installation
- Servicing on all products
- Excellent customer service
- A team of experts in their fields, whether design, installation or manufacturing
- Design consultation and problem solving